Thursday, September 10, 2015

May 26, 2014 · Edited · 
 and while it didn't look too bad when I got it, it did have scratches and dings that made it look a little "sorry". The top, drawers and bottom trim were all done in Old White, and the body and legs of the piece were painted in a spanking new color! ASCP Paris Grey! It's a "cooler" grey than French Linen, and I think it's lovely! Once I got the paint all over this thing, I did some serious distressing. This is probably the heaviest distressing I've ever done. I generally prefer a cleaner look, but I really think the amount of destruction really works for this piece. As usual, the entire piece was sealed in clear wax before being moderately antiqued with dark wax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment