Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan is not just for furniture! As a matter of fact, there aren't many surfaces that this paint won't bond to! This project was an older dark brown metal lamp. With all the grooves and curves in this piece, it was begging for paint and dark wax to accentuate it's positives. I hate that I don't have a "before" of this lamp, but I think I may have mentioned previously (and will probably reiterate later) that I SUCK at the "before" pics. Would you believe that the color used was Old White? Crazy right? AND, it's still the 1st quart! O love this stuff. Anywho, 2 coats went on, and a coat of clear wax. I slathered the dark wax everywhere, and proceeded to wipe it all off except what stayed in those little niches! Isn't it lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment