Sunday, August 23, 2015

I figured since the distressed little yellow table went so well, I'd take it a step further and not only age with distressing, I'd hit the piece with some dark wax! Scary undiscovered country! Once again, prep was a non-issue! Lather, rinse, repeat! Ok, not much lather to vinegar, but you catch my drift! So the table was a gorgeous little curvy antique made of mahogany that was assembled with standard screws. It got 2 coats of ASCP Old White that was distressed before applying a Clear Wax seal. (Just a little note... This is the same quart of paint I started with a tall table and 2 nightstands ago. (ASCP goes a LONG way! So when you think you're spending an awful lot of money on such a tiny can of paint just remember, you'll be getting a lot of bang for your buck!) So once the clear wax was wiped off sufficiently, I went straight into applying the dark wax! Dark wax was intimidating at first. I knew I wanted to put it in the nooks and crannies, but I also knew that I couldn't antique just parts of it. With the fresh coat of clear wax, you have a lot of control with just how much antiquing you'd like on your piece. I think this turned out just right! (From May, 2104)

No comments:

Post a Comment