Friday, August 21, 2015

This was the 4th piece I did! "OK! Time to broaden my horizon! I've never really been into distressed or "Shabby Chic" furniture or decor, but it was time to see how the other half live. I got this side table on the FB yard sale site. It was your typical stained wood table, but I love the curvy legs! I was definitely ready for color! After much contemplation, I picked up 2 new quarts! For this project, I chose ASCP Arles which is a wonderful golden yellow! I got 2 coats on and took the table and my trusty sanding block out front and started knocking paint off. Now, I have very strong feelings about distressing. I guess we all have our own opinion on what looks good. For me, if the distressed area does not get bumped or rubbed against on a day to day basis, it has no business losing paint in that area, does it? Not in my opinion! So I hit the areas I thought would take the most wear and tear over time! The chunky parts of her legs and feet, and the edges. I also marred a few strategic spots on top because you simply can't have distressing everywhere but the top! That just doesn't make sense! "
smile emoticon


No comments:

Post a Comment